Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Something New

So this starts the first blog in a series of daily posts. To be honest, I am a little nervous about this writing assignment. I've never been one to be one of routines and have to do something every day for an extended period of time. The closest thing to that would be reading my bible.

My friend and I really wanted to pursue a greater knowledge and understanding of the Bible, so, we challenged each other to read three separate days worth of the bible in one day from a Chronological Bible. A chronological Bible splits the bible up in order from start to finish, and even intertwines different books that was written in the same time, and outs them all into order. It then separates everything into 365 chapters, one for each day of the year. However, we didn't want to take a full year to finish this challenge, So we amped it up a notch to do 3 days worth in one, essentially reading the whole bible in 4 months. We did it, but I must confess, after this, I have not readily opened my bible to do my readings like I should be.

This is going to be a challenge for me, but I know that I can do it. I will be honest, It was a little intimidating for me to read that we would be having to do this, as I work a full time job and also take 3 other classes for school. There is a part of me that thinks that I may have bitten off more then I can chew, especially as it has been a long time since I have been in a school environment, let alone an online class. I hope I can learn something about myself in the process.

02/05/14

No comments:

Post a Comment