Monday, February 10, 2014

First World Problems...

It seems to me that life has become a struggle. Working full time and going to school full time has been a lot more stress then what I am used to. To add icing on the cake, my wife and I will be starting our adoptive classes in 2 weeks. I have a quote that I use a lot these days as it helps remind me of where I am in life.

The quote is:

First world problems....

This helps remind me that not matter how bad things seem to get, It surely cannot compare to those less fortunate then me. The narrative "Be cool to the Pizza guy" that I had recently read for my Composition I class for school, really helped remind me of this lately. While I have stresses at work, at least I have a job. While I have stress from school, at least I have to ability to get an education. While becoming a parent my have a new type of stress that I'm not used to, at least I have the ability to have a family and to give another child an outlet of love that they may never had had elsewhere.

The whole concept of being happy where I am is still something new to me. I have always wanted more. I've always wanted to best of what I can accomplish. Sometimes I want more so bad that I forget to be thankful for the blessings that I already have. It's easy for anyone to get caught up in the things of the world. Money. Success. Material things. In society in these times, it's especially easy to feel left wanting more. Sometimes I wish I had actually lived in a different time. A time where there is no TV, no internet or computers, no cell phones. Just life, work and love.

1 comment:

  1. My dear, dear great aunt never married. When I asked her why she explained that although she had met and enjoyed the company of several wonderful men, she never found anyone who could make her happier than she makes herself. She explained that happiness is something we all own, but few rarely know. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete