Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Personal Creedo

The definition of a creed that  really liked the most was from the Merriam-Webster dictionary;
        
  Creed; an idea or a set of beliefs that guides the actions of a person or group.


Usually, a creed is found in religious organisations and is used in a similar way as a contract. It is used to 


create unity in a group or organization. It is a promise and a vow to uphold the guidelines that have been 


written or agreed upon.



My creed is something that is very dear to me. It is a scripture that defines the type of life that I want to lead. 


This creed is something that helps remind me of who I am, where I am, and whose I am. My creed comes 


from the book of Ephesians.


"1 Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and live a life of love, just as Christ loved 

us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God"

When I first read this statement, it was a very challenging scripture for me. The verse continues on saying that those who do not follow this cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven. This is why this is such a powerful scripture for me. Every day i ask myself "Am I being an imitator of god? Am I pouring as much love on them as god pours onto me?"


The sad part is, almost every time I reply to myself with a "No". But, it is a bar that I want to reach and is something that I strive for every day.


So my question now, to you, is this...


Are you being an imitator of God?

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post. I can tell this is very important to you. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete