Thursday, February 13, 2014

School So Far...

So far, School has been really stressful. Not only that, but my wife is also taking 18 credits online at MSU and we are both working full time. This week was the first week that I had any big tests for some of my classes and so far, I am kind of impressed with myself.

I just took my first proctored exam for Math 130, and , too my surprise, I received 100%. I'm more surprised because I didn't use a calculator, and it only took me 20 mins for a 90 minute exam. If only I could just take 4 math courses a semester and get a full math degree, I would be happy. I'm also surprised that in all my other classes I have all A's. I have not been in school for 4 years and the last time I had to write an essay was in 2006. I am very happy with myself.

My wife is getting a little stressed out however. She is taking the same level of math class as I am and the teacher she has just isn't teaching. I have seen her her blackboard and went through everything and I am so grateful for the teacher that I have. It just goes to show that its not just a students ability to learn, but also a teacher's ability to teach. This is very apparent as I can learn for easily, but I cannot teach. I have tried. I use different things to make me remember hows things happen. I see patterns, and the patterns I see is not something I am able to communicate. That's just the way God made me.

Overall, I think now I can let my stress levels lower. I have been stressed out like crazy, but now that I am comfortable with the online environment, I think now I can settle in at the pace I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment